A scheduled task allows you to automate tasks and have them run at specific times and/or on specific days. For example, if you want to clean up files or cleanse your database, grab statistics for a particular domain, check bandwidth, etc. Simply develop the task in a supported scripting language (ASP, .NET, Cold Fusion, etc.), and point to that particular page at a specified time and date.
- If you have not already, login to the WebControCenter at https://www.webcontrolcenter.com
- From the menu item Site click on Scheduled Tasks.
- Click the Add button.
- Provide a name for your task, in the Name field.
- Provide the URL that will be accessed in the URL field.
- Indicate the interval in which you would like the task performed.
- Enter the port that the directory should be accessed through. (Ex: port 80 for http:// OR port 443 for https://)
- If the directory you are running the task on is Password Protected, enter the user name and password of a Site User that has File Permission to the directory.
- Choose the Start Date and Start Time for your task.
- Click Save.
* You have now built a Scheduled Task. Click the "Test" link to make sure your task is performing properly.