*** This article describes how to decrease the size of a disk volume.
1. Log into the WebControlCenter at http://www.webcontrolcenter.com/customer.aspx
. If you need login help, please see our article on the subject
1. Once logged into your VPS account in the WebControlCenter, go to the Server
menu, then select VPS Management
2. On the VPS Management
page, go to the Disk Management
3. Next to the Disk you wish to shrink, select Change (Under details, you will see your volume information that you can compare to which logical volume you need to modify).
**Note: unlike expanding a volume, this action requires that one of our server administrators look at your server to ensure there is no potential for data loss. Also, there will be down time associated with this action. A server administrator will contact you and schedule a timeframe to complete this process. The remaining steps, below, will show you how to complete the required actions to shrink the logical partition (while our server administrators will shrink the physical partition at a scheduled time of your convenience).
4. Select your new volume size and click OK
5. Next, RDP into the server and go to the Start
menu. Click Run, then
type in 'diskmgmt.msc
6. In the Disk Management
MMC, right click on the volume you wish to shrink, and choose Shrink Volume
. Type in the size you wish to shrink to, in MBs (e.g. if you wish to go from 40 gigs to 20 gigs, you would enter 20480.
If you are unsure what to do in this category, we will discus the options with you over the phone to determine the best course of action.