*Note, this article provides instruction on how to set up Folder Auto-Clean for email users. If you are an email account administrator, and would like instruction on how to set up Folder Auto-Clean rules across all users on the domain, please see our article on this subject for email administrators.
1. Log in to your email account through the webmail interface, located at http://mail.domain.com (replace "domain.com" with your domain name). You will need to log in with your full email address and password. If you do not know your email password, please contact your account administrator.
2. Once logged into SmarterMail, click "Settings."
3. Expand the "My Settings" node (if not already expanded).
4. Then Expand the "Filtering" node.
5. Select "Folder Auto-Clean."
6. On the "Options" tap, click the "Override auto-clean settings for this account" radio button.
7. Click the "Folders" tab.
8. Click "Add Rule."
9. From here, you will be able to create a Auto-Clean rule for any folder
that has been set up on your email user account. From the drop down, select
which folder to create a rule for.
10. Next, select a "Type" from the drop down. You can either create a rule based on Folder Size or by Date.
11. If you would like to create an auto-clean rule based on Size, you will need to specify the size of the folder when auto-clean is triggered, and then how much auto-cleaning reduces the size of the folder to. For example, in the screen shot below, you can set a rule where if your Junk E-Mail folder reaches a size of 500 MB, auto-clean will delete the oldest items until the folder size is reduced to 100 MB.
Before clicking "Save" to create this new auto-clean rule, be sure the "Enable auto-clean on this folder" check box is checked off.
12. If you would like to create an auto-clean rule based on Date, you will need to enter a number in the "Mail Age" field, which will be the number of days a mail message stays in the folder before being deleted. Before clicking "Save" to create this new auto-clean rule, be sure the
"Enable auto-clean on this folder" check box is checked off.