The following will show you how to set up new email users for your domain through the SmarterMail web interface. Please note that in order for you to make this type of change, you will need to log into your mail account as an admin user
. If you do not have access to an admin email account for your domain, please contact your account administrator.
1. Log into your email account at http://mail.domain.com (replace "domain.com" with your domain name). Again, be sure to login as an admin user for the account.
You can also log into your email account as an admin user through the WebControlCenter. For more information, please see our KB article on how to login as an email admin.
2. Once logged into SmarterMail, click on the "Settings" option on the left-hand menu.
3. Expand the "Domain Settings" folder (If you do not see a Domain Settings folder, you are not logged in as an account administrator).
4. Under Domain Settings, click "Users."
5. Then click the "New" button to create a new email user.
6. Fill out the following basic information:
a) Username (which is the email address)
b) Password (which will be the password to log into the email account)
c) Confirm password
d) Display Name (How the user's name will display on outgoing emails)
e) Adjust time zone based on user's location
f) Update mailbox size limit, if desired (this will be the maximum mailbox space this user can use)
7. To create the user with default email settings, click "Save."
There are many other default user settings you can change or configure from this "Users Settings" area, including webmail features (i.e. which side you want the message preview pane to show), email forwarding, email signatures, and many others.