Mura is an open-source web-based CMS (content management system) that is built on ColdFusion.
Mura offers both a Free Standard edition, which is built for production servers, and an Express edition, which is intended for local use (i.e. your local development machine).
You can download both versions at the official Mura CMS website, located at http://www.getmura.com.
The following steps are for installing Mura Standard in our shared hosting environment.
1. Upload the "www" directory (via FTP) into the root of your hosted website (or the sub-directory you wish it to reside).
2. Create a database. Mura supports both MySQL & SQL databases.
For instructions on how to create a database, please see our Knowledge Base article on How to Create a SQL Database in the WebControlCenter.
3. Create a datasource (DSN) connection for the database.
For instructions on how to create a datasource, please see our Knowledge Base article on How to Create a Datasource connection in the WebControlCenter.
4. In a web browser, visit the URL address for the Mura site (i.e. http://www.yourdomain.com/index.cfm).
5. On the Mura Set Up page, fill in the required settings, which will match the information you set up in the WebControlCenter when you created your database and DSN connection, plus your email address. Then click Save Settings.
6. Mura is now installed on your hosted website. Click the "Finish Set Up and Take Me to the Mura Admin" button to continue to the Login page.
7. On the Login page, use "admin" for both the Username and Password fields.
8. It is highly recommended you change your login information immediately. To do this, click the "Edit Profile" button the upper right hand side of the Admin page.
9. On the "Site Settings" option, also on the upper right hand side of the Admin page, go to "Edit Current Site" and enter the URL for your install.
10. Your Mura installation is now complete.